Wednesday, December 12, 2012

As I mentioned before

the importance of a good haircut Living in Leeds for the best part of my life I realise that if you live 'Up North' in a cosmopolitan city then it is important to have a good haircut. It is no good looking a mess when you're out on the town if you want to get noticed. Everyone is always wearing the newest cutting edge fashions, weather it's Armani or Primarni (of which Leeds has a whopping 2 stores!) everyone is on trend with their best foot foreword, and believe me, that foot will have a sexy shoe on it. Finding a good hairdresser is an ongoing http://www.pandoracharms-jewelrys.us/ problem for us girls. The cliché of some trainee or even senior stylists getting carried away with their £2000 silver plated scissors and practically scalping you when you only asked for a trim are unfortunately far from urban myths. I remember when I first stopped letting my mum cut my hair after I asked for layers and she gave me a Ronnie Wood style mullet. I have since pandoracharms-jewelrys learned that it was an attempt to curb my whinging about the latest 'fad' hairstyle and she wanted to teach me a lesson. Well, a lesson she did teach. The trauma stayed with me far after the hair cut had grown out. I did however learn a lot about hairdressers from my mum. She must have tried every salon in Leeds until she finally settled on Harvey Nichols's Pandora Jewelry USA Daniel Hersheson salon in the up-market Victoria Quarter. Apparently they do highlights like no other. By the time I was 18 I knew which Tony and Guy's were as dangerous as Edward scissor hands on Acid and where the best Aveda selections were sold. I knew where to get the best cut and who did the best two week conditioning treatments. Leeds has a smorgasbord of hairdressing establishments, all of whom have a high standard to match the high expectations of the Leeds woman Pandora Beads On Sale . From boutique spa style where you can enjoy a simultaneous manicure to modern, stark stainless steel barber shops. I did my research religiously, comparing friends haircuts and scouring the internet harder than a frying pan's worth of baked on grease. I wanted to make sure that when the time came to step out into the forest of hairdressing and make my own way through the trees, when I came out the other side I didn't look like I had been dragged through it backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment