Sunday, December 30, 2012

Park St Episode 1 wrap

But after finally clapping eyes on the finished product, I'm already stoked for next week's instalment. So let's recap the highlights of the debut episode, shall we?1. How awesome is CLEO ed Gemma Crisp? A former DOLLY ed herself, Gemma is down to earth, funny and relatable (with an awe-inspiring shoe collection to boot). I actually said http://www.tffjewellerysales.co.uk/ out loud, "I really want to be friends with Gemma." Then I remembered that: a) she was sitting across the room from me while we watched the show, and b) I obviously already know her, so maybe stop acting like a total fangirl. The shame. 2. Even though I already knew from Cosmo top dog Jess Parry that the day was eventually saved, I was on tenterhooks waiting to see if Jessica Mauboy would turn up to their fashion shoot. It's a feeling I could relate to as it's not uncommon for a celeb to be late to a shoot thanks to a million and one factors. Sometimes they have a big paying gig booked, the filming of their TV show runs late, they get sick or (naming no names here) they get a better offer! We shot 20-plus celebrities recently for a Tiffany Bangles Sale DOLLY shoot (and yes, you will get to see it on the show) and trying to find time in everyone's schedules was a logistical nightmare. It may seem like all fun and frivolity in the world of the stars, but these guys often have timetables that I find exhausting just looking at. Side note 1: How awesome is Cosmo fashion director Nicole? Another girl crush is born. Side note 2: Jess Mauboy graced our cover a few months back and we LOVED shooting with her. She's one of the nicest celebs you could have the pleasure to meet and is one of those rare creatures who's possibly even more beautiful in the flesh than in her glossy photo shots. 3. Did I mention I wish I'd worn more make-up? It's slightly confronting watching yourself on a big screen and realising that you just shared with the world that you're kind of a saddo who wakes up regularly at 2am to write yourself notes on what to do the next day. I wish I could tell you I'd made it up for the cameras but unfortunately that was the unedited truth. Also yes, we did end up adding a quiz to the mix. Big thanks to deputy ed Harriet to putting up with my last-minute "brain waves" with a constant smile on her face. Also, next 2am note to self: Stop clutching your head like the world's about to cave in - you may think nobody's noticed your stress, but trust me, it's written all over your (bare) face. 4. SHOP til you drop ed Justine Cullen is hands down one of the funniest people I've met in the Park Street halls. While she was a little on the quiet side in this ep, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of her in the weeks ahead - despite being a total glamazon she's self-deprecating, quick with a one-liner and really approachable. I hope you all like her as much as I do. Also wait until you meet her two kids. Just. Too. Cute! 5. Advertising and editorial: two different departments, occasionally two very different agendas. We usually work together pretty harmoniously - Carolyn Innis was right, we CAN'T put out a magazine with Tiffany Necklaces Sale no ads in it. We don't have a lot of interaction with Carolyn so it was really fascinating to see how "the other side" operates! 6. Last but certainly not least, madison editor Elizabeth Renkert completely echoed my sentiments when it came to my younger self thinking of one day sitting in the editor's chair. While all of us may have harboured the dream of landing the job, none of us could let ourselves believe we'd ever be here. It's a privilege none of us take lightly and an experience that we're all relishing. Well, most of the time anyway! So that's it from me until next week. I hear episode two looks at magazine covers and what goes into creating an "I must buy you NOW" one. It's one of the most time-consuming and occasionally cut-throat parts of our jobs so it could be (manicured, of course) nails drawn at dawn. Till then!Watch a sneak-peek of the drama in episode 2: Thank you for sharing your opinions with other users of NineMSN. People will find your comments more helpful if you include relevant information and avoid some common pitfalls. Please note: All reviews and comments submitted are subject to moderation, NineMSN reserves the right to alter and / or remove any content that does not comply with usage guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment